81 Beach Street and The Granville : Increase sales in one month
August 21, 2017
Increase sales for 81 Beach Street, a long standing neighbourhood restaurant on the Deal seafront and bookings for The Granville, a recently launched Canterbury gastropub within the Shepherd Neame umbrella.
- Facebook / Twitter banners, current promotion posters, venue hire table talkers, leaflets and social media art.
- Create restaurant specific artwork that portrays different USPs.
81 Beach Street – Focus on fresh fish and seafood, relaxed dining, talented chefs and ‘fine food without fuss’ concept.
The Granville – Focus on local produce, family dining, humourous tone and good pub food.
- Interacting with focus keywords on social media to gain awareness of the brand.
- Including location and type of cuisine.
- Creating a database of local businesses and cold calling for further contact details each month.
- Tweeting 10 local business accounts/food related accounts per week with a current promotion/offer / new menu/venue details.
- Inviting local food bloggers to review new menu each season / Press release per season
- Sharing mentions in the local press, food magazines, and online reservation sites.
- Facebook advertising through all major holidays and national food days. Targeting based on lookalike audiences (users who like pages similar to own).
- One newsletter per month to local businesses and web subscribers with a spotlight on new dishes, current offers, and upcoming events.
- Sharing user – generated content on all social media channels.
- Monthly competitions (based on sharing content, uploading photos of menu and tagging other users).
- Community events such as live music nights, charity breakfasts, BBQs, school holiday treasure hunts, parties and monthly dining clubs.
- Tripadvisor responses inviting users who left disappointing reviews to come back for a free meal.
After only one month, there was a clear sales increase compared to the previous year. With 31.5% for The Granville, a great result for a restaurant that has recently launched and relies on keeping the momentum going and 26% for 81 Beach Street, a restaurant that has been open for over 12 years and hasn’t seen a recent increase so considerate. Both The Granville and 81 Beach Street won the OpenTable diner’s award of the month, with the highest numbers of bookings within Kent.
Contact the team today
From well-established restaurants to recently opened businesses, we have a simple but effective marketing tactic to improve sales. Get in contact with Captivate Hospitality today and see how we can help you.